This funding record is inactive. Please see the program website or contact the program sponsor to determine if this program is currently accepting applications or will open again in the future.
Services Program for Residential Treatment for Pregnant and Postpartum Women (PPW)
Application Deadline: Mar 27, 2023
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
Provides treatment, recovery, case management, and harm reduction services and programs in residential treatment facilities for pregnant and postpartum women with substance use disorder (SUD) to support and sustain recovery. Residential treatment programs as defined as programs that offer SUD treatment services for women and their minor children following a planned regiment of care in a safe 24-hour residential setting under staff supervision. Funding supports the use of a holistic approach for activities for minor children, partners of the women, and other extended family members of the women and children.
Funds must primarily support direct services in the following areas:
- Treatment including screening, assessment, and treatment planning; provision of comprehensive residential SUD treatment services; and provision of supplemental and trauma-informed services to women, their minor children, families, partners, and caregivers
- Recovery Support Services including activities that provide support and services to those maintaining their recovery, to address the social determinants of health (SDOH), and to preserve and support the family unit of the woman
- Case Management Services including care coordination; establishing eligibility for federal, state, and local assistance programs; and promoting family reunification where safe and appropriate
- Harm Reduction Services including outreach services in the community to identify and engage women who have a SUD and other harm reduction activities such as providing fentanyl test strips, overdose education, naloxone distribution, and more
A complete list of required and allowable activities can be found in the program guidance.
Amount of Funding
Award ceiling:Up to $525,000 per
Project period: Up to 5 years
Estimated number of awards: 22
Estimated total program funding: $11,550,000
Applicants must provide non-federal matching funds for a portion of the project. Matching funds must be at least $1 for every $9 of federal funds granted in the first 2 years, and must be at least $1 for every $3 of federal funds granted in years 3 through 5.
Who Can Apply
Eligible applicants are domestic public and private nonprofit entities including:
- State and territories
- Indian tribes
- Tribal organizations
- Political subdivisions of states
- Health facilities
- Programs operated by or in accordance with a contract or award with the Indian Health Service
- Other public or private non-profit entities
Grantees that received a Services Program for Residential Treatment for Pregnant and Postpartum Women (PPW) award under announcement numbers TI-17-007 in fiscal year (FY) 2019, TI-20-007 in FY 2020, or TI-22-003 in FY 2022 are not eligible to apply for this funding opportunity.
What This Program Funds
Capacity Building • New Program • Operating Costs and Staffing
Application instructions, requirements, and other information can be found in the funding announcement.
For programmatic questions:
For grants management or budget
For grant review and application status
Topics This Program Addresses
Harm Reduction • Health and Wellness • Health Education for Community and Patients • Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) • Mental Health • Naloxone • Overdose Prevention • Parents, Families, and Children • Prevention • Recovery • Social Services • Substance Use Disorder • Treatment • Violence, Trauma, and Abuse • Women • Youth