Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
Directory of state-licensed providers across the U.S. specializing in the treatment of substance use disorders (SUD), addiction, and mental illness. Offers a search function to locate treatment facilities in or near a specific community. Provides information about treatment options, paying for treatment, and understanding mental health and addiction disorders in order to make it easier for individuals to identify and begin receiving appropriate treatment services.
What This Program Offers
- A directory of state-licensed SUD, addiction, and mental health providers searchable by location
- Information on types of available treatment, including inpatient, outpatient, residential, interim care, and other options
- Guidance for calling a facility and an overview of what steps to take to start treatment
- Details about types of providers, identifying quality treatment, and common medications used in treatment
- Information on the cost of treatment, insurance coverage, and payment options for individuals with or without insurance
- Information to help individuals understand and identify substance use and mental health disorders, and help guide decisions about when and how to seek treatment
Who Can Receive Services from This Program
All individuals in need of assistance are eligible for services.
Topics This Program Addresses
Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) • Mental Health • Substance Use Disorder • Treatment