Center to Improve Social and Emotional Learning and School Safety (SEL Center)
Office of Safe and Supportive Schools (OSSS)
Offers technical assistance to state and local educational agencies in developing and implementing plans to integrate social and emotional learning (SEL) into their academic programs and enhance school safety. Provides three tiers of assistance that range from general tools, resources, and information about SEL to working directly in extended partnership with educational agencies to develop comprehensive strategies to address SEL.
What This Program Offers
SEL Center can provide:
- Consultation services and tailored professional learning networks of practice on SEL
- Extended partnerships with state and local educational agencies to design and implement SEL strategies and initiatives for schools and school districts
- Access to a resource center with tools, media, publications
- State profiles with data on SEL, school safety, and impacts on academic performance in each state
- Events, webinars, and learning opportunities hosted by SEL Center and other federal content centers
Who Can Receive Services from This Program
State educational agencies (SEAs) and local educational agencies (LEAs) are eligible for assistance.
Contact the SEL Center to request assistance with tools and resources, professional learning networks and consultation, or extended partnerships.
Topics This Program Addresses
Emergency Planning • Schools