Quality Payment Program (QPP) Support for Small, Underserved, and Rural Practices
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
Offers technical assistance for clinicians in small, underserved, and rural practices to participate actively in the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Quality Payment Program (QPP), which establishes value-based payment systems and models for clinicians serving Medicare patients. Provides both program-level assistance to help participants understand QPP requirements and flexible options for small practices as well as practice-level assistance to successfully implement measures to improve quality and efficiency.
What This Program Offers
Quality Payment Program (QPP) Support for Small, Underserved, and Rural Practices initiative can provide free, customized technical assistance to support activities at both the program and practice levels to clinicians in small practices.
Program level support can assist with:
- Understanding general QPP requirements
- Determining eligibility in the program
- Guidance on identifying and selecting appropriate Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) measures and activities to report
- Submitting required program data
- Transitioning to an Alternative Payment Model (APM) or an Advanced APM
Practice level support can assist with:
- Conducting practice readiness assessments
- Developing strategies to implement Certified Electronic Health Record Technology (CEHRT)
- Building partnerships with peers, regional collaboratives, and other local stakeholders
- Participating in quality improvement initiatives
Who Can Receive Services from This Program
Medical practices with 15 or fewer clinicians are eligible to receive assistance, with priority given to practices located in rural areas, Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSAs), and Medically Underserved Areas (MUAs).
There is no application process to receive assistance.
To request technical assistance contact the QPP technical assistance provider for your state. Contact information for each state's selected provider can be found on the program website.
For other questions:
Topics This Program Addresses
Healthcare Facilities • Reimbursement and Payment Models • Teleservices and Technology