Delta Region Community Health Systems Development (DRCHSD) Program
Delta Regional Authority (DRA), Federal Office of Rural Health Policy (FORHP)
Provides technical assistance to rural healthcare providers in the Delta Regional Authority (DRA) service area in order to enhance healthcare delivery and improve health outcomes for residents in communities in the Delta region. Supports small rural hospitals, Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs), Rural Health Clinics (RHCs), and other healthcare organizations seeking to strengthen local healthcare systems by addressing gaps in service and improving quality to better meet community health needs.
What This Program Offers
The Delta Region Community Health Systems Development (DRCHSD) Program can provide in-depth and long-term technical assistance for a wide range of activities, including but not limited to:
- Improve hospital or clinic financial operations
- Implement quality improvement activities to promote an evidence-based culture and improve health outcomes
- Increase use of telehealth to address gaps in clinical service delivery and expand access to care
- Enhance care coordination
- Strengthen local health care systems to improve population health
- Provide social services to address the social determinants of health (SDOH)
- Ensure access to and availability of emergency medical services (EMS)
- Identify workforce recruitment and retention needs in rural communities
Who Can Receive Services from This Program
Healthcare providers, including Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs), small rural hospitals, Rural Health Clinics (RHCs), and other healthcare organizations, in areas identified by the Delta Regional Authority as distressed counties and parishes are eligible to apply for assistance.
Alabama, Arkansas, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Tennessee
Eligible providers can apply for assistance using the online application form. Applications are accepted year-round on a rolling basis.
For program questions:
Topics This Program Addresses
Emergency Medical Services • Healthcare Facilities • Healthcare Workforce • Social Services • Teleservices and Technology