Job Accommodation Network (JAN)
Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP)
Offers free, confidential, one-on-one consulting services on workplace accommodations and disability employment issues for employers, employees, job seekers, and service providers. Provides expert guidance and practical solutions that help workers with disabilities thrive and help employers capitalize on the value and talent these workers possess. Serves as a leading source of information on disability and workplace accommodation and features a variety of tools, resources, training, and publications to support a disability-inclusive environment.
What This Program Offers
The Job Accommodation Network (JAN) provides access to:
- Free, confidential, one-on-one consulting services from JAN experts by phone, email, or live chat
- In-person training and presentations for organizations and events
- Webcast training and a multimedia training microsite
- A Searchable Online Accommodation Resource (SOAR)
- A Workplace Accommodation Toolkit
- An A to Z accommodation listing searchable by disability, topic, and limitation
- An Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Library
- Publications on accommodation and compliance organized by disability to help employers comply with Title I of the ADA
- Resources and information on current issues JAN consultants are discussing with customers
Who Can Receive Services from This Program
Eligible participants include:
- Private employers of all sizes
- Federal, state, and local government agencies
- People with disabilities and their families
- Employee representatives
- Service providers
- Job seekers
Submit email consultation requests related to accommodation, ADA, and workplace issues through JAN on Demand.
Submit email consultation requests related to self-employment and starting a small business through JAN on Demand (Self-Employment).
Register online for upcoming JAN webcasts.
Topics This Program Addresses
Employment • People with Disabilities